Sunday, July 1, 2012

What promise?

So I titled this blog pilgrimage to a promise. It never dawned on me that this title may be ambiguous. Well it didn't dawn on me till flyboy tactfully asked "what promise?" What promise...What promise??? Only the promise that it does get better then this! The promise that I am not stuck, that I will keep moving forward, no matter the circumstances. Sometimes I think it is hard for flyboy to understand. He has his world at home and at work. He is a husband, father and pilot. His eggs are spread out so to speak. I on the other hand have all of my eggs in one basket and I am in that one basket 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I love our kids, being a stay at home mom. A wife. But when things go wrong in that basket I am screwed so to speak. Okay so screwed was kinda strong (it's been a long day.)

To sum it up I hold tight to the fact that I am moving forward. There is a purpose and glory to God in what I do. This is a journey I am on and it is bringing me to the promise God has designed for my life. Sometimes I think I am just so eager to get what it is God has planned. The ministry he is bringing me to do. I have to remember the whole thing is a journey the whole thing is a pilgrimage and God is being Glorified. I think I am a little too eager to get the prize. Then I have to remind myself to live moment by moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment